They’re Going to Go Nuts

by Ryan on February 13, 2006

in Politics

So, I suppose you’ve all heard that Vice President Cheney has shot someone by accident on Saturday. My first reaction was to laugh and ask, “is this real?”

Well, it is. After finding out that the victim is doing fine I started chuckling again because for some reason I believe that the Left is going to think this just goes to show you: not only is Bush the source of all evil in the universe, creating hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes and ruining the Constitution, but VP Cheney actually shoots people. I think this will help to reinforce the kook fringe’s next great conspiracy theory and make for many laughs in the future!

Cannon February 14, 2006 at 12:35 pm

The most humorous part of all this is the reporting. Apparently, the White House withheld this information from the press for a whopping 18 hours!!! So now everyone in the MSM is asking the question “what took so long?” Apparently, this strategy worked so well with FEMA and Hurricane Katrina that now they’re tring it with Quailgate. Maybe they’re hoping that the administration will fire Scott McClellan

Anonymous February 14, 2006 at 12:35 pm

You’re right Ryan. The left can’t believe that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar in relation to the hunting accident involving Cheney and his friend. I can’t respect one reporters comment which was “have we heard about Cheney’s resignation?” which was under the assumption that Cheney’s accident was premeditated and criminal. How can any logical person assume this without all the facts? Do we know what kind of weapon was used? What about the type of ammunition? What kind of injuries were sustained if his friend is in “stable” condition after a GSW? There hasn’t been any proof of foul play in this accident. So yes, “they’re going nuts” in their desperate and irrational attempt to defame our vice president Dick Cheney. This truly saddens me.

Ryan February 14, 2006 at 1:59 pm

I agree Cannon, the reporting is really funny. To echo Rush, where was the press on Saturday? Who was on Cheney watch? The press just assumes that the news will come to them, that sleuthing just doesn’t exist anymore. The few times it doesn’t simply confounds them and they get very pissy,like they did to Scott McClellan. A tertiary source, this guy named Armstrong casually mentioned it to a press source. The notion that this was a clandestine cover-up is also funny.

Echoing that nonsensical and insensitive analogy about FEMA is irresponsible. An open and closed case of an accidental shooting being compared to the deaths of nearly 2000 people and the displacement of hundreds of thousands of more people is ridiculous. At least they could have sounded smart and compared the incident to Aaron Burr in 1804.

Chris February 14, 2006 at 6:13 pm

These Liberal Network White House Correspondents are so arrogant…they don’t even hide it. David Gregory is leading the pack, especially after his recent exchange with McClellan. Let us remember this is the same guy who had to show off that he can speak French and got sarcastically dressed down for it. With this, it is apparent why their ratings are falling faster than Hillary’s Presidential prospects .

If this incident and recent OR files resulting in Middle School name calling are all they have, I’ll give the Libs/Dems 3 words: BRING IT ON!!!

Cannon February 15, 2006 at 8:40 pm

Ryan, I hope you know that I am not drawing any comparison between the Katrina response and this incident. What I am pointing out is the running theme in the angle that the MSM is taking in these events: that the Bush administration is somehow unresponsive and incompetent, which you should know I completely disagree with.

I am not echoing anything because I have not heard anyone actually make the analogy. And I am not being irresponsible here because I am not trying to draw ANY type of analogy between the two events, or even the administration response. The analogy is between the press coverage of the two events.

Mike February 16, 2006 at 9:35 am

Cannon, Ryan was also referring to the press coverage.

The “echo” does not refer to you hearing or not hearing anything. It merely references that the conservatives often have similar methods of thought. (meaning, we think).