Wasting Money Telling People About Cleaning up After the Wasted

by Mike on July 1, 2008

in Anything Else,Culture,Europe,Politics,Pop Culture,Sports,UK Politics

One thing that bothers me even more than wasteful government programs is the way government often wastes money advertising wasteful government programs. Actually, what really bothers me is being caught off guard by a photo of an oversized vomiting sea cow. Thankfully this masterpiece advertising the fact that government will clean up your puddle of yack was funded by our British friends’ hard earned tax funds and not ours. Small comfort to those of us who, um, enjoyed that photo for free.

On a lighter note, if there is any truth to what was implied by today’s rumor, then this hag would be one heck of a step up for Alex Rodriguez.

{ 1 trackback }

Some Joyless Brits Want To Ban Happy Hour | Axis of Right
November 9, 2008 at 10:59 pm

Chris July 1, 2008 at 10:50 pm

I could go in so many directions with that ad, but as a nod to good taste and decorum, I’ll refrain and leave it to the readers’ imaginations. Would not be surprised if Obama starts a government program like that if given the chance.

Matt July 3, 2008 at 6:53 am

Reminds me of a time I heard an ad on the radio for food stamps… It said something like, “even if you don’t have a problem paying for your food, you might qualify. Stop by our office or call this number to find out.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing! There aren’t enough people asking for a government handout, so rather than cutting back the entitlement program and giving some of my money back to me, they spend it on ads trying to find other people who are willing to take my money! Of course, I’m sure there are liberals out there nodding their heads, and saying “what’s wrong with that? That makes sense.” Unbelievable!

Ryan July 3, 2008 at 2:44 pm

Well, in defense of the ad, Britain is very close to Ireland, and we know what kind of mess there is in Irish pubs from time to time! It might just be a legitimate public service, right? Nah! Big government pork all the way!

I think I actually heard that radio ad Matt is referring to. Disgusting. But it’s part of the big government philosophy. Why solve a problem if by doing so other functionaries lose their jobs? They don’t want the problems fixed.

A-Rod is just using his celebrity status to take a ride on that old rusty train before it breaks down.

Chris July 4, 2008 at 12:50 am

On A-Rod: after the news that broke today it’s definitely a few steps down if that rumor with connections to the fake British hag proves to be true.

Chris July 4, 2008 at 12:52 am

Sorry, the link didn’t work: take 2 .