Barack Obama, Meet Gianna Jessen

by Ryan on September 15, 2008

in Anything Else,Culture,Election 2008,Politics,Religion

Gianna Jessen, survivor of a botched saline abortion on April 6, 1977, and her story are showcased in the recently launched ”Born Alive Truth” website with the help of Jill Stanek

The site and the campaign are highlighting Obama’s horrid position on the Illinois Born Alive Infants Protection Act, which he did NOT support — that’s beyond pro-choice and into just plain sick.

I heard an ad on the Sean Hannity Show  today, along with his interview with Gianna Jessen herself.  Both were very powerful and really brings this point home.  She’ll be interviewed on Hannity and Colmes tonight as well.

UPDATE:  Here’s the ad mentioned above:

David Halliday September 15, 2008 at 7:15 pm

Brought up a Catholic I can remember the two groups of people most reviled in our religion classes. The first was the heretic. The second was the fallen away Catholic. Sarah Palin was brought up Catholic and as I understand went to a Catholic Church for some years before she changed ship. She has every right to do this. What I wonder is what the Catholic Church thinks of this and how Catholics will react to it.

gina stafford September 15, 2008 at 9:07 pm

The catholic church does not support Abortion, months ago before the primary’s were even finished, the catholic league told other catholics of this, on there website, about Obama voting against the “born alive infacts act” he voted against it four times. If you saw this young girl on Hannity and colmes tonight. I don’t think it would matter about Sarah Palin’s conversion to christianity. I am a Christian and I call abortion murder. you would have to be a monster to say kill a baby after it comes out alive. Christians and Catholic’s may not agree on the same doctrine, but we believe that murder is murder. Charity or love is the greatest gift. Gina

Mike September 15, 2008 at 9:07 pm

I met Gianna Jessen in 1996 when I was President of the Eagle Forum Collegians. Even back then, I was very impressed. That kind-hearted young woman has always been and is now a survivor with a heart of gold.

With all due respect to Mr. Halliday, Catholics will love Sarah Palin if they don’t already.

Trig Palin > Obama’s Born Alive vote.

debbie September 15, 2008 at 11:35 pm

I met Gianna with my 3 daughters 16 years ago as she graced us with her story and sang to the group gathered there. I knew it was her the moment I saw the intro to the segment on Hannity & Colmes on FOX. Alan is such a sad individual, somehow not even recognizing with this lovely young woman sitting right next to him, that she would have been the victim of INFANTICIDE after the botched abortion. Glad to see you again Gianna, I was thrilled to meet you, and glad my daughters have remained pro-life in this culture of death.

Todd September 16, 2008 at 12:44 am

Re: David’s commment:

Sarah Palin is a far better Catholic, despite having fallen away from the Catholic Church, than the Governor of Washington State. Christine Gregoire (D) is a member of my Parish in Olympia and she is publicly defiant of the Seattle Archdiose.

She regularily speaks on behalf of the local NARAL chapter which I find utterly disgusting and reprehensible.

All of my conservative Catholic friends greatly admire Sarah Palin as a strong advocate for life.

Charles Ross September 16, 2008 at 12:48 am

Hey David:

This is about a beautiful young woman who was nearly LEGALLY killed because this Country has gone insane.

We used to be a nation of law, order, and civility, guided by a morality underpinned by religion and one that others looked up to.

Now, because of radical egalitarianism and radical individualism, the latter of which subscribes to the idea that we “should do whatever we want anytime we want to”, and with both behaviors supported by goofy legislation from the bench, we have become a nation of darkness, despair, and evil. This is what modern Liberalism brings – killing innocent babies for convenience.

What are you, David? A heretic or fallen?

Charles Ross
Beaver, Utah

Tina September 23, 2008 at 5:01 pm

What a beautiful being Gianna is that was nearly taken away from the world. So many millions just like her that could have been but are not. So sad that little ones like her don’t make it and the only other form of human contact they ever experience is pure evilness. The little babies leave the world having never been loved or held or kissed or wanted; not even by the one person who was supposed to love them unconditionally–their mommy.

TO DAVID: Catholics don’t “revile” on other groups in religion classes. Persons who have left the Catholic Church are prayed for that they find what they are looking for and hopefully return back. They are never shunned. Prodigal son? Recall the story from sunday school??

Comment on Sarah Palin: I admire her for the way she loves her kids and of how proud she is of her family. She reminds me of me.

Ana March 25, 2011 at 1:21 am

@gina stafford – There should’nt be a separation between protestant and catholic. Both are Christian (Believe in Christ) The difference in doctrine should’nt cause…”Christians and catholics.” Let us all stand together as one.

Barry Kilbane March 18, 2012 at 11:36 pm

I met Gianna when she was 17 in Milwaukee while working with Matt Trewella. I remember her as a vivacious teen who loved to laugh. I remember her almost getting us kicked out of the restaurant we were in because she was so fun-loving. She is contagious and I marvel at the beautiful women she has become. God has a sense of humour and He has instilled that in her. May He continue to use her to remind us that all human life is precious in His eyes Carry On Gianna