National ObamaDay?

by Sal on November 9, 2008

in Politics

The overzealous worship of “The One” continues.  As reported by Michelle Malkin, a movement is underway to create a national holiday in honor of The One.  The same group will also be holding a big celebration in Washington, DC on inauguration day, and serve Obama Cake.

This worldwide Obama-worship is really getting out of hand, and is starting to get nauseating.  Next thing you know, they’ll be comparing Obama to Roosevelt and Lincoln — before he’s accomplished a single thing.

UPDATE: “The One”, the benevolent, the merciful, Barack Obama, is ready to rule on day one, according to Obama Spokeswoman Valerie Jarrett on Meet the Press, in what was likely a Freudian slip.  We should be gracious of, as radio talk show host Michael Graham says, our new Liberal Overlords.  All Hail, Barack Obama!  Ruler of the United States of America.

The reign of Barack has begun.  ObamaDay will be celebrated yearly on January 20, the day of the ascension to his throne!  Seriously, this is getting sick. I have never seen or heard of this kind of adulation of an American politician.  This must be resisted at all costs, or we’ll all be forced to eat Obama Cake for the next eight years and possibly beyond if the Republicans cannot reassert Conservatism and counter the liberal onslaught.  .

{ 2 trackbacks }

Because Presidents Day Just Won’t Do: Plans Are Being Made To Promote a National Holiday For Barack Obama | Right Voices
November 9, 2008 at 8:36 pm
Overeager Kansans Rally for National Obama Holiday
November 10, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Ad Nauseum November 9, 2008 at 4:42 pm

What do you mean by STARTING to get nauseating? I’m way past starting. I was nauseated from day 1.

How can we stop these clowns from declaring it a national holiday? Where do I send my email?

Mike November 9, 2008 at 4:49 pm

I think the best way to stop them from declaring the national holiday is to let them try to get their national holiday.

rohbear November 9, 2008 at 6:05 pm

I’m a Democrat and voted for Obama. Making a holiday for Obama is the most ridiculous idea I can imagine. It’ll never get off the ground. If you ask me, I smell a prank to fool Repubs!

Chris November 9, 2008 at 6:22 pm

And when Sarah Palin beats him in four years (that’s assuming he doesn’t suspend the 2012 Presidential Election), they’ll change that national holiday to a day of mourning.

What’s next…Obama High School? An Obama Monument on The Mall that will dwarf the Washington Monmument? Obama City? (I’d better stop for I might be giving out ideas.)

It does, however, please me that the zombies who will have a pilgrimage to DC on the January 20th will be paying through the roof for hotel rooms in the DC Metro Area. And I thought we were in an economic slowdown. Gotta love capitalism!

Ryan November 9, 2008 at 7:16 pm

Alas, the only way Obama gets those kinds of props is if he dies in office. So let’s hope that never happens!

Once he starts to govern and makes a few mistakes, or doesn’t cater to the Left the way they hope he will, the Obamamania will dissipate quickly. Look for some kind of low-level Whitewater thing to pop up after the First 100 Days.

Arizona Dave November 9, 2008 at 8:33 pm

Hey Ryan,
I think the white water thing is going to be Barack Hussien Obama
not allowing any one to check out his legit. birth certificate.

Dodge November 9, 2008 at 9:15 pm

Blah, blah, blah

He hasn’t asked for a holiday. He hasn’t changed his position yet on anything from his pre campaign speeches. Maybe you all should start looking at what is still oging on under the current President. It is sickning to see the ‘fars’ both left and right trying to make policy for Obama. Pelosi, apecial interest groups and all the “ditto head” bloggers are making hay, while Obama is saying wait “one President at a time” and making plans. So far it seems like his administration will be one of the most representative in my life. If we go down the drain it will be because of the kind of partisanship that got us here. If Obama fails to get support, and losses iun 2012 to a republican opponent, that “one” will fail for the same reason on and on per nausium. What you are all really afraid of is that he will not fail and all the deregulation, tax, and fiscal policies that have failed in the last eight years will be proven wrong once and for all ending this trickle down nonsense. The only thing that trickles down is their feces.

Dodge November 9, 2008 at 9:22 pm

…and by the way, why is it that Red is the color of choice for both the conservative states and the communist states? Just wondering what axis you are really promoting.

Sal November 9, 2008 at 10:13 pm

Originally Posted By Dodge
Blah, blah, blah

Obama has the Senate’s most liberal voting record. He campaigned during the primary as a far-left radical liberal. His change.gov site (until it was taken down) espoused extremely left-wing policies, to the left of Pelosi and others. You are delusional if you think that Obama is anything other than a socialist radical. He has changed his positions many times, as has been documented here. Anyone who thinks that Obama is going to govern the way he campaigned is delusional.

Mike November 9, 2008 at 10:16 pm

#7-8:

Colors? Poop? Judging by the timestamps on your comments, you had at least seven minutes to muster an argument and the best you could come up with were colors and poop?! lol. No wonder you’re so enamored with this guy.

I suppose I could explain that our low tax policy is why we are not in a recession despite the slew of bad news after Bush’s disastrous spending policies which Obama promised to expand. Or maybe I could offer Obama’s slippery slope definition of rich ($250K to $200K to $150K) as evidence of a broken promise. Then again, that might be over your head if your arguments boil down to colors and poop.

While we’re on the topic of Communism (big government anyone?), I might point out that no one ever found Che Guevara posters hanging in a McCain campaign office.

Paul November 9, 2008 at 10:59 pm

I would never recognize such a phony holiday as this trash. I would use it to walk amoung the streets with others and protest this foolish so called “holiday”.

Paul November 9, 2008 at 11:20 pm

Pres-Elect Obama is not the most liberal Senator. Check out Menendez from New Jersey. WOW You wouldn’t believe this guy who was hand picked by the Governor of NJ. He not only supports abortion, but the more the better in his mind.

dan November 10, 2008 at 12:05 am

Paul, it’s outrageous that you use a term like that. As a republican, I am disgusted by your comment. You can voice your dislike over polices, but using a racial slur to attack a man is unbelieveable. Please find a way to participate intelligently.

Paul November 10, 2008 at 8:27 am

Sorry Dan, but as a Republican, I am disgusted by these election results. By the way, I really can’t think of ANYONE in politics that has done any good for the people that elected them into office. I don’t hate anyone. Just want them to do what they are being paid the big bucks to do, work for the people.

Sal November 10, 2008 at 8:49 am

Paul and Dan, thanks for your participation. We welcome all of your comments and feedback, but we do not tolerate any racial slurs on this site.

Paul, I have kept your comment, but modified it to remove the slur.

Paul November 10, 2008 at 2:50 pm

Thanks for that. I was hoping someone would modify my comment. Sorry for such harsh words.

sayslaw November 10, 2008 at 11:45 pm

Hail to Obama, the mulatto president. Remember that word? Yep, in the post-bellum south, anti-black laws counted the “black blood” in people. Thus, mulatto, quadroon, octaroon. The Nazis would use a variation of this 70 years later. So now, 40 years after MLK, we are back to counting blood. Obama is biracial, not black. But, make him black if you want to, because he nothing but an empty suit. A “Jimmy Olsen” president-elect. He has no record of bipartisanship, has a paper thin record in the Senate and will fail. He’s a Marxist in mufti, and if he and his Dumb-crat party try to move the nation to the left, they will be gone with the wind in 2010. Liberal scum have ruined this country since the 60s. They’ve crapped up the schools, the work place, the culture. How can Obama talk of change when he symbolizes the old worn-out left-wing bromides: tax more, spend more, redistribute wealth. Good luck illiberals, your boy-wonder president will need it.

RUSerious? November 11, 2008 at 10:34 am

I don’t think we need to worry about any National St. Obama Day. Afterall, according to his own veep, in 6-8 months we’re all going to be wondering what the hell he’s doing and he’ll have poll numbers down in the Bush range.