Why Detroit Sucks by Steven Crowder

by Mike on December 22, 2009

in Comedy,Culture,Politics

Thanks to soaring unemployment and crime rates, deteriorating infrastructure, and a downright embarrassing football team, simultaneously pitying and laughing at Detroit has unfortunately become a national pastime in recent years.  In his latest video feature, Steven Crowder continues that tradition and explores the misery that is Detroit and why liberalism is to blame.

It’s amazing that Crowder illustrates Detroit’s sad state of affairs without even mentioning the Lions, though wild dogs do make an appearance.

{ 1 trackback }

The beginning of the END? - Page 6 - Stormfront
February 17, 2011 at 6:04 am

Tracy February 23, 2010 at 10:20 am

13:03 of total rubbish. Leftist policies have done their share of damage, but Detroit’s downfall had nothing to do with them.

Detroit built the bulk of it’s economy around steel and automobiles. Then on top of that the core of the inner city was middle/middle-upper class whites. The city was first hit with white flight, a situation that affected many cities during that era and quickly the demographics switched. The inner city became vastly majority black, many of which who engaged in criminal activity (not racist, based on proven stat).

Alot of cities that were hit by the white flight slowly recovered, but Detroit’s steel and automobile economy took a major hit during the beginnings of the rust belt. During that era Detroit did nothing to revamp it’s economy, to build up something new to create jobs in a post-American steel/American-car era.

Thus, to this day the city has nothing to offer. There’s nothing to lure businesses or citizens back to the city. It just continues to decay.

Sal February 23, 2010 at 5:24 pm

@Tracy, you prove the point. The government of the city and state stifled the growth of businesses by not implementing pro-growth policies, and instead implemented welfare policies that acted as a drain on the economy of Detroit. There was nothing to attract new businesses to Detroit because it had become a virtual welfare state. Additionally, the union-heavy influence in the state prevented the industries that were there from growing, and in fact caused the downfall of the auto industries.

Gorgle July 10, 2010 at 2:22 am

Tracy: Respectfully, Sal (and Steven Crowder) are correct. Detroit is a post-apocolyptic nightmare of liberal policy run amok. The Democrats invented their problems, as a short-cut way of synthesizing a constituency, and the output is Detroit, Cleveland, etc. This is Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society with all the trimmings. California will go the same route. It’s now a massive welfare state of credit-card enabled, foreclosed upon, unpaid-for Escalade-driving second generation Mexicans, a couple of million of which are undocumented illegal aliens., thousands of which carry handguns and belong to street gangs.

Sean January 15, 2011 at 10:49 pm

detroit is the worst city in the untied states it has a higher crime rate than any other city in the country . the most unemployed which is not only detroit the whole state of michigan is unemployed worst sports teams tigers suck loins suck redwings definitely suck ass aslo nothing really good has came out that shithole of a city since the automobile detroit and the whole state of michigan sucks

Sean January 15, 2011 at 10:55 pm

p.s. republicans are faggots

Ryan January 16, 2011 at 9:49 am

Way to keep things intellectual, Sean.

However, if by “faggots” you meant a bundle of small sticks used for starting a fire, then yes, the Republican Party has definitely been “on fire” lately and I agree with your assertion.

bob February 10, 2011 at 4:44 pm

@Sean@Sean -At least we know how to spell “lions”

Triple ThreaT July 30, 2013 at 10:01 pm

No, he was saying the Detroit Tigers suck loins.@bob -

andrew February 23, 2011 at 2:54 am

does anyone ever think that detroit and gotham city are the same place

Anonymous April 1, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Andrew, I think so. And those Detroiters wonder why homes are going for sale for $1,000 over there…. -_-

Kyle September 20, 2011 at 9:08 am

The whole state of Michigan sucks?!?! You’re probably an inbred scumbag from ohio. And let me tell you something. Every Michigan sports team is better than every ohio sports team. Ohio is garbage just like yourself.

GEZ January 2, 2012 at 7:34 am

DETROIT SMELLS

teehache January 26, 2012 at 1:50 am

July 9, 1986, 4:49 P.M., Braniff Airlines, Flight 957 – one stop KS, next and final stop San Diego; left and never looked back. I ABHOR Detroit, Michigan. Why do people remain there? I don’t care what team is there. Place just sucks! After leaving over 25 years ago, I was there last year and my mouth dropped when I saw how they tore up the town! Then they blame, blame, blame it on everyone else. It’s like, dude, no one told you to tear up your own neighborhood with their worthless offspring. Just one generation after another destroyed that town. I don’t get it . . . so I left! Didn’t stick around like everyone else with whom I grew up and they all have a bunch of kids by 10 million different men and none of them are around. They just keep breeding dumber and dumber people. WTF? Why don’t they just shut down the whole bloody town?!

I did not realize how beautiful Detroit “was” until I saw it in total decay. I drove around town and it was a friggin’ shock after returning. I literally cried – wept. Thought I was in a H. G. Wells novel. How does one COMPLETELY destroy one’s own neighborhood? How is it possible that neighborhoods in European countries are centuries old and look nothing like Detroit? Never mind . . . . . . . . . . . .

Dylan January 12, 2013 at 8:49 am

Now, I must say that I am supportive of the work and effort put into this video, but I have to admit that the fact that Detroit is the way it is cannot be blamed to such an extent on leftists. Washington state, specifically the Seattle areas are incredibly leftist- and might even be considered the most liberal and left-sided administration we have- but it still works fine. Seattle is popular, has no serious issues with jobs or crime, and is very clean. (South Tacoma, of course, is not) But I agree that our government, and almost all sectors of it, should be balanced between left and right field politicians and legislators to ensure that the policies being introduced are reasonable and effective. Having a bipartisan government is what holds this country in check and ensures the seamless transition from era to era. However, I must agree on the fact that the teacher’s and auto worker’s unions are garbage and are some of the most unreasonable people in this country.

how to effectively promote music on facebook May 2, 2013 at 5:15 am

I was suggested this web site by means of my cousin.
I’m no longer certain whether this publish is written through him as no one else recognise such particular about my trouble. You’re
amazing! Thanks!

aplacky July 26, 2013 at 10:37 am

Washington State is not mostly black. Nor are the Northern European socialist states. That is the difference. You can pretend its not true if you like.

reports March 9, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I actually got a chance to meet and also have dinner with my idol who had been then my peer. People often write these type of checks simply because they had stolen the check, or checkbook, in the first place.

haha June 5, 2014 at 8:54 pm

@Kyle – man you got that right ohio sucks big time,,and there is no name for cleveland,the worst city i have ever been in,,man it sucks really bad,,the only way to clean cities up like detroit and cleveland is to run all those butt holes and crooks out and start new,but first go in and tear all that garbage down and get rid of it

jack wilson December 7, 2016 at 2:32 am

Detroit is a disaster because of excessive property taxes. The city income tax is nothing but a rip-off. What do the residents get for these expenses? NOTHING! Poor fire and police protection. Iffy trash pickup and non operational street lights. Third world schools and the thrill of living in one of the most dangerous cities in the U.S. Most people with a functioning brain would choose to live in a nearby suburb.