Rasmussen Reports: Scott Brown Within Two

by Mike on January 12, 2010

in Election 2010,Politics

Many liberal and conservative blogs love to cherry-pick polls favorable to the candidates they’re rooting for, but I’m proud of the fact that we aren’t one of them.  This website has always recognized reputable organizations such as Rasmussen, Mason-Dixon (the best pollster at the state level) and IBD-TIPP and disregarded the trash.  In following this year’s Massachusetts Senate race, I was never discouraged by the Boston Globe-Democrat poll showing Martha Coakley ahead by fifteen just as I didn’t jump for joy at the PPP poll showing Scott Brown in the lead.  Well, I’m jumping now.

Rasmussen Reports, often accused by liberals of being right-wing for no other reason than the fact that it’s one of the most accurate polling companies, has released a new poll in the Massachusetts Senate race.  Since the last survey about a week ago, Scott Brown has closed the gap with Martha Coakley even further.  He now trails by just two points.

The national mood and anecdotal evidence has given conservatives a good reason in the last few weeks to be optimistic that Brown could shock the media, national Democrat Party, and heck even us conservatives by keeping this race close.  This Rasmussen poll backs up that optimism with empirical data.  The unthinkable is now thinkable.  Brown might still lose this election, but he has a shot.  A Republican with a shot to win the Senate seat once held by Ted Kennedy?  Win or lose, that’s the political equivalent of a tsunami warning.

HT:  Ace of Spades

{ 2 trackbacks }

The Bi**h Factor and its Impact in the Massachusetts Senate Race | Axis of Right
January 13, 2010 at 11:38 am
Rasmussen Reports Links | Broadcasting News
January 18, 2010 at 12:01 pm

David January 12, 2010 at 6:50 pm

How fitting it is that this is happening in Massachusetts… the perfect storm has gathered on the horizon… another tea party…. and the bag going over is named Coakley! Go Scott Brown!!!!

Molly January 12, 2010 at 11:44 pm

The wonderful thing about this is that Scott Brown is the real deal. He is Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Nobody seems to get that Mass is as fed up as the rest of the country with politicians who represent everyone but us. Coakley is in Washington tonight raising money from Pharmaceutical lobbies –go figure. I sent Scott my widow’s mite but somehow it added up to 1.3 million dollars! Yes, there is a God!

David January 13, 2010 at 9:55 am

I just got an e-mail from my daughter asking me to donate to Scott. What is surprising is that I donated a couple of days before the moneybomb, and without knowing, she and her husband donated. Here’s the kicker: I’m from Colorado, shes from Wasilla, Alaska! (Well, of course, what would you expect from a person who lives in Wasilla, right?)

Molly – love the reference to the widow’s mite and God’s might!

David January 14, 2010 at 4:51 pm

An old Chinese Proverb said, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.” An American revision to that proverb is, “If a Democrat gives a man a fish, the man is promised a fish for a lifetime and the Democrat gives the rod back to the Republican, saying ‘You can keep this. You and your capitalist friends keep fishing.’