Liberals Exploit Shooting of Gabrielle Giffords to Smear Sarah Palin

by Mike on January 8, 2011

in Politics

I don’t know why I’m even posting this because it is so predictable.  With Congressman Gabrielle Giffords still in intensive care, some liberals and the media (but I repeat myself) are using the tragedy to dishonestly smear Sarah Palin.  The source of their latest faux outrage is this “target list” that Sarah Palin made in the run-up to the 2010 election.

It’s unfortunate in hindsight, as I’m sure even Palin would admit, that Giffords was on the list.  But the obvious point that liberal idiots are missing is that the target/bullseye metaphor is a harmless one used by both political parties every time we have an election.

Take this Democrat Congressional Campaign Committee target list featuring House Majority Leader Eric Cantor as the headline target.  If you click through that link, you’ll notice that Daily Kos described the Democrats’ target list as “the DCCC [firing] an initial first salvo against the following Representatives.”  Targets?  Firing an initial first salvo?  Sounds violent to me.  When you add in the fact that Eric Cantor faced death threats and had a bullet fired through the window of his campaign headquarters after that list was published, the situation sounds similar to today’s.

I’m not blaming the Democrat Party or Kos for the death threats to Cantor.  A psycho like that didn’t need a DCCC target list to motivate him to threaten Cantor.  I’m not blaming the Democrat Party or Kos for the bullet fired into his office either.  That bullet was in fact, random.  Blaming the left for those incidents would be ridiculous.  Political figures, journalists, commentators, and bloggers always use the term “targets” and metaphors comparing politics to warfare when discussing political campaigns.  That doesn’t mean they’re advocating violence.  People don’t actually eat horses after saying “I’m so hungry I could eat a horse” either.

The fact of the matter is the person who shot Gabrielle Giffords is a lunatic.  He was a lunatic before Palin drew up her political target list.  He was a lunatic before Republicans drew up their lists.  He was a lunatic before the Democrats drew up their lists.  It’s not as if the loser would have minded his own business if only no political party ever drew up a target list.

What’s sickening about the reaction to today’s events is that some human beings are more concerned with smearing political opponents than they are with showing compassion for Congressman Giffords and the other victims of today’s shooting.  Talk about needing to sort out your priorities.  These are sick times we live in.

Hat tip for the Verum Serum link to Michelle Malkin

{ 3 trackbacks }

We Must Not Let the Elite Define Us! | Axis of Right
January 11, 2011 at 8:12 am
Loughner’s Friend Speaks | Axis of Right
January 12, 2011 at 3:05 pm
Midnight Movie Massacre in Colorado | Axis of Right
July 20, 2012 at 9:43 am

Ryan January 9, 2011 at 8:51 am

While on commercial during the Jets-Colts playoff game, I flipped to Fox News to hear any updates. However, they were paying the bills. So, I flipped to CNN and saw Donna Brazille and some other fellow essentially blaming Sarah Palin and her ilk for encouraging political violence. And Wolf Blitzer (as usual) had nothing to say in response to their outrageous inference.

Every once in a while I get reminded why I don’t watch that crap.

Vic January 9, 2011 at 9:26 am

Sarah Palin is drama. Self absorbed, clueless. Worthless drama, day and night. Let let her fade. Stop listening, looking, filming and giving a damn! Our country is in grave states and the drama is childish to the point that as a nation we just allow this woman air time to throw tizzy fits like a 15 yr old who controls her family.

Ryan January 9, 2011 at 9:46 am

A Congresswoman was shot in the head, thirteen others were wounded, with six killed in Tuscon, Arizona, by a deranged inarticulate pot-smoking psycho.

I’m sorry, I can’t see where “Sarah Palin” fits into all of that, but somehow the talking heads on CNN and other outlets decided to bring her into the conversation. They’re the ones obsessed.

Robert Smith January 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm

Of course, no liberal dissaproved of making an assassination movie about a sitting president, George W. Bush and then praising it as art!

Robert Smith January 9, 2011 at 12:39 pm

@Vic – no doubt you prefer Hillary Rodham Clinton who belongs in a federal penitentuary.

Bill589 January 9, 2011 at 6:38 pm

@Vic
Obviously, you’ve never listened to Sarah Palin.
To comment, wait until you have enough interest to make sense.
But you’ll have to stop hating enough to do that.